Friday, June 09, 2006

Waiting.....


We sold one of our cars (we had two) last week and the money from the sale came through yesterday so off we went to Pet Barn in Penrith to buy some more things for our baby. We got a brush, a crate and a bed. So now, I think, we are pretty much ready as we had previously brought a lead and collar, food and water bowls, and some toys.

I was talking to my friend (who has been a diabetic since she was very young) yesterday and she became interested in getting a dog as well... however, her parents aren't so interested. Her Mum thinks its a great idea... but for someone else! So today I spent time talking to her about how to convince her parents to let her have a dog. She may be able to convince them if she gets a housetrained pup - which means we may be house training it for her first and so we will have two babies for a while!!!

The two dogs that are having the litters from which our baby will come are apparently VERY pregnant and according to the breeder they should have their pups within a week.

So now all we have to do is wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else have visions of being in primary school chanting (as un-melodiously as possible) "why are we waiting? slowly dehydrating..." in some disrespectful dirge as the teacher was busy doing something else important.

Wow ... I know how to digress don't i?
The king of digression. And no comments from anyone on that thanksverymuch.

Carbi Yarker said...

I was chanting the exact same thing in my head as I was typing!