Monday, May 07, 2007

Part 3: Touring Tasmania


Hey,
It's Aramis again.
All our furnature arrived safe and sound and Carbi, Dad and me made good use of the lounges!
After a few days travelling and unpacking we all decided to take a day off. Nana and Pop went to Penguin markets in the morning, while Mum and I worked on our uni assignment and Dad slept in. When Nana and Pop got home we went for a drive. We did want to go to a place called Cradle Mountain but it was raining and foggy and we wouldn't have been able to see anything so we just drove.

We ended up in a town called Beaconsfield. Some of you will have heard of this town. In the papers a few days ago they were talking about a mine collapse in Beaconsfield on the 25th of April, 2006. "Of the 17 people who were in the mine at the time, 14 escaped immediately following the collapse, one was killed, and the remaining two were found alive after five days nearly a kilometre below the surface. These two miners were rescued on Tuesday May 9, a full two weeks after being trapped." (taken from the Wikipedia article about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaconsfield_mine_collapse)

Anyways, so we stopped to go to the toilet in Beaconsfield and saw that there was a museum, so we went it. It was pretty fun... there was lots of cool old stuff to play with and the humans could even make the old machines work. One was scarey tho... it was called something like the stamper and it made a very very very loud bang bang bang bang. Also, I didn't like some of the things I had to walk on... they were see through and my feet hurt to walk on it. We went up on to a platform and saw this...
This is where the two miners came out from underground when they were rescued.

Then after looking at everything we went home again.

Last Wednesday, Nana and Pop left and they haven't come back since. Mum says that they had to go home aren't coming back soon, but I think they have just gone on holidays... and the longest they have ever been gone for is about two weeks so I'm sure they'll come back soon. Carbi is very sad he doesn't have his Pop to cuddle and even I'm a bit sad they aren't here.

The other day Mum decided that we should go for a drive. It was rainy and cold but we all needed to get out of the house. So we got in the car and went on a drive through Riana, South Riana, Gunns Plains, somewhere else I think, and then home again. It was a good drive. There was lots of cow dogs to look at. The only bad part was that Mum was getting a migraine and Dad's level was high so Carbi and I were whining and upset for a while until Mum had a tablet and Dad had some insulin! It was only when that all worked that we could enjoy looking at the cow dogs.

I think that's pretty much everything we have done up until now. I hope you enjoyed reading about our recent adventures. We are all busy looking for jobs now. Dad has an interview tomorrow and Mum has one on Thursday. Please cross your paws that they get the jobs cause otherwise Carbi and I won't get any treats!!!

Licks!
Aramis xx

15 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

So glad that you guys are back - we missed you !

Tassie looks really nice - good luck to your mum and dad with their jobs.

Love
Opy

Ben & Darling said...

Hi, Im BenBen. Nice blog u have....do drop by my place ya.
By the way, the cow looks like my sis, Molly. Hehe

Yuki n Joyce said...

Hey! looks like you guys had a great time;)

I'm gonna tummy tag you guys. you have to show pics of yourselves sleeping with your belly up;) and then tag 3 other doggies friends to do the same.

Hope to see your tummies soon:D

Yuki

Lizzy said...

Nice pictures!

Sparky

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wow!! so many cows to keep u entertain..

Bella said...

Hi there Carbi & Aramis,
What a big long journey & adventure you have had !!! I hope you like your new home on the Island & all the best for the work - a pup doesn't want to go without treats for long.
Wuffs
Bella

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Dear Carbi & Aramis - What a great trip. It's so bee-yoo-ti-full there. I like green and mountains and trees..and squirrels, and stuff. I hope you don't mind that I tagged you guys. I was sort of hoping we could be friends, you know? Anyway...the rules are on my blog if you want to know. And see me in a picture I still haven't forgiven my mom for posting.

Licks and nuzzles...Mary-Margaret

Hammer said...

Hi Carbi and Aramis

Tassie looks a pretty place. My mum has always wanted to visit Tassie. My brother, Hobson was born in Tassie.

I'll keep my paws crossed your mum and dad get jobs very soon as you can't go without treats !!!

Love from Hammer

Ben & Darling said...

Happy Barkday Carbi!!!

Hammer said...

Happy Barkday, Carbi !!! Hope you get lots of yummie treats.

Love from Hammer

Toby said...

Happy Birthday Carbi!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Luv,
Tobes

Freda said...

Hey Carbis,

HAPPYS BARKDAY!!! Hope you have/had a wonderfuls day and you get/got lots of goodies.

WOW! Tassiemania. Cooools! My humans went there for an Easter holidays a long long times ago in a galaxy far far aways. They played monies at the Wrest Point monies place. Dad even won enough monies at the red and black rounds and rounds table to pay for the car hires.

They got there the day or so afters that floatin' box hit the big bridge there. They had to drive way arounds to get to Hobarts. They had a greats time.

I read that you were in Melbournes. My humans lived in South Yarras way back whens. They reeeallys liked your countrys. They even went back there once.

Bark Hi to Aramis.

Have a great days.

Wuufs!

Freda Ƨ

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Barkday Carbi - hope you had a wonderful day :)

Love
Opy

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday Carbi! Hope you got a treat or two for your special day!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

Happy Birthday dear Carbi...hope you had an awesome day little one:)

How did the interview go? We haven't heard from you in a month!!

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)