Monday, June 25, 2007

"Wow... what a great lake!"


Yesterday we went for a big drive. We all got in Jo's car and drove, and drove, and drove.

We stopped quickly at a lookout and saw this:
Then we headed for a place called Liffy Falls were we had to walk to see water. While Mum was taking photos of the falls I decided to take a rest... in the water!!!
Aramis and I were wearing our warm water proof coats and had to wear our PFD coats over the top - we look silly when we do this and Aramis looks like he is preparing for christmas!!!


After we saw the water we got back in the car. We decided to go inland instead of to the coast and headed towards the Great Lake. Along the way we suddenly saw white stuff at the side of the road which grew!!!

There was no white stuff falling from the sky it was just on the road. Mum and Jo took some photos and Mum introduced Aramis and I to the snow. NOW I know what that white stuff is that all the dogs with blogs talk about!!! Mum took these photos of our pawprints.

Mum and Jo made little snowmen!

We kept driving and suddenly saw all this water - some of it is even frozen!!
I was sleeping on Mum's lap (I like the front seat!) and suddenly she said "oh sheep dogs!!". I sat up and looked out the windows but couldn't see them... Mum said that we had already passed them but I didn't believe her. I lay back down and then Mum said "horse dogs!". I wasn't about to fall for that again! I gave her a look and went to sleep. Unfortunately when we got home I looked at the photos from the trip and found these...


hmmm maybe she wasn't tricking this time!

Anyway... we drove and drove some more. We went down a big hill and Mum took more photos.
Eventually we made it home agian. Next week we will be going to the coast!!
Carbi xx

4 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wat a scenic view...

nice 2 b closer wit d nature...

Simba and Jazzi said...

What a great place to go to. The water falls look beautiful.

Simba xx

Louise said...

Yay, you're back! Manny, Francis and Marcel missed you! Marcel and Francis are jealous of the snow- they are lying in front of the air-con in their rabbit fur coats- sulking at me coz I won't let them play out on the balcony in this ridiculous heat!

Toby said...

What a beautiful place!! Those are some amazing photos!~

Tobes