Thursday, March 08, 2007

Busy Busy Busy


Hi everyone,
Sorry we haven't posted for sooooo long!! We have been busy!

The dogs that invaded our house were here for a very important meeting. Something called an AGM for Paws for Diabetics Inc. Phoenix came with my other Mum who I have now decided to call Aunty Lorraine because it seems that I'm staying here forever now and I want to call MTLH Mum. It's too hard to say Mum that lives here all the time and now I don't think I really have another Mum - just an Aunty - if that makes sense. Anyways, Phoenix is the one with the mohawk. She is a chinese crested (like Carbi) but she is hairless (and Carbi is a powderpuff).

The two big dogs are Lulu and Gracie and they are Boxers. The other hairless puppy was Shania.

Anyway, we had a meeting and then they made us all sit on the lounge together and take this photo.

The puppies in the photos (the ones behind the wire) were here for two days and then we took them to the airport and left them there to fly to Perth. They have been placed with two boys... I'll post about them both soon.

Mum and I have been busy doing stuff since then as she is now the secretary and I help her with everything she does.

We started Uni again on Monday - I'm studying for a Masters in Occupational Therapy so if there are any dogs out there that need my help I'll be qualified by the end of the year (I think i'll have to share Mum's certificate saying that but that's ok)

The boys in Perth have gotten lots of publicity and they have been in newspapers (one of the stories is here) and last night they were the first paws for diabetics people to be on TV!!! They were on channel 7 in Perth. Since then they have gotten calls from channel 9 and 10. Channel 9 wants to put them on A Current Affair tonight in the Eastern states as well so if you are from Australia - watch it!! Carbi and I had to have a bath this morning because the new people might want to see a fully trained dog (ME!) and so we have to look good if that happens!!

I have to go now, Mum has to use the computer and I'm 'hogging' it apparently. Isn't that a silly term - especially since I'm not a pig!!

Licks,
Aramis

2 comments:

Joe Stains said...

what a wonderful photo! we missed you!

Simba and Jazzi said...

You all get to wear cool green coats. Very smart.

Simba xx