Friday, March 23, 2007

Tick Tock


For the last few days there was something above my eye. It was annoying me. I tried to stop it by rubbing my head against the carpet. That didn’t help. It did make Mum realise something was annoying me but she just cleaned stuff from the corners of my eye. Once or twice she tried to move the thing that was annoying me but it hurt and it didn’t come off easily and she just thought it was ‘sleep’ (that’s what she calls that annoying stuff that grows in your eyes).

Today we were in the car waiting for Dad to get back from the chemist and Mum decided to get the thing off my eye no matter what! She pulled it off and then went to put it on the floor. Then, all at the same time, she looked at it, noticed it had legs, it bit her and she dropped it! “Arrgh, it’s a tick!” she yelled. Then began the hunt. Mum had to drive the car out of the underground car park and search the floor for the tick. She actually found it!! Then she had to find something to put it in. She found an old plastic packet and put it in there. She then reversed back into the carpark to meet Dad. THEN while we were still waiting for Dad she picked up the container to look at the tick. The container then moved and flung the tick back into the car somewhere!!! Mum yelled at me to get in the back because she thought that it had gone towards the front and she didn’t want it to attach onto us!! Then she drove back into the light again and commenced searching. She searched the seat, then the floor, and then finally the dash mat, and GUESS WHAT??!!! SHE FOUND IT AGAIN!!! This time she found an empty film container and got it into that and put the lid on tight!

The tick was about this big…

She reversed back just in time to pick up dad.

Then we drove to the vets and asked them what kind of tick it was. They said it was an immature tick and I would be ok! We also booked Carbi in for his operation to get a tooth out tomorrow – it was two teeth but one of them fell out on it’s own!!

I know have a bald patch above my eye... see...

1 comment:

Joe Stains said...

yarg! that is gross!!