Thursday, September 28, 2006

Camping


Dad, Mum and I went on holidays for a few days. We went to a place called Blue Bay and we went camping for one night.

It all started on Tuesday morning. We were planning to leave early on Tuesday but Dad had a sore tooth so he had to go to the Dentist. He made an appointment for 1.40pm and we packed the car. We drove to Penrith and stopped at the storage shed to pick up the tent (Mum said that it was Aunty Lou's tent - so thanks Aunty Lou!). After that we drove to Parramatta and Dad went to the Dentist. Mum and I went for a walk but when we got back to the dentist's a lady said that I couldn't be there - Mum showed them my ID card and they went to talk to someone. When they came back they said it was fine - but they didn't sound like they thought it was fine!

Dad came out not long after that and we went back to the car. When we packed the car, I had a little spot left for me to curl up and sleep - so I did. When I woke up, the air smelt different! It smelt salty.

Mum and Dad left me in the car while they set up the tent. I didn't like that!!! But they said that I couldn't get out because they couldn't watch me and they didn't want me to run away (I wouldn't you know, I'd just go exploring - there is a difference!).

After the tent was set up they got me and everything else out of the car. They put three leads together and attached one to the ground so that I could have a run around and could still be safe at the same time.However, I kept gettting tangled up and I don't know why! Mum took a photo of me in front of the tent - it was getting dark - tied onto the tent is my blanket, it was there to dry.

It had been a long day for all of us so we all went to bed early. I went into the tent and found my bed and blanket and went straight to sleep. It was kind of cold so Mum put my blanket over the top of me to keep me warmer.


The next morning we got up and went for a walk. I even walked down some steps!!! We walked to the beach - it was so fun I'm going to dedicate a whole post to it - so read that one here.


When we got back from the beach I was covered with sand and had it all in my eyes and over my face, so Dad and Mum held me still and washed it out and off... I didn't like that - as you can probably tell from the next photo.


After that we hung around the camp site for a while then we went to the shops. Mum and Dad brought a treat for me to eat that afternoon - because they were taking their neice to the movies. We went and played at a park for a while, then we went to Uncle Jack's house.

Uncle Jack has two dogs - who I didn't get to play with but I did get to explore their yard and chew on their bones.

We stayed there for a while then we got back in the car. We went to the movies and went into a room with lots of seats on a slope and a BIG TV screen. The movie was very loud but I paid no attention to it. The only time I watched was when a dog barked somewhere in the room - well that's what it sounded like. After that I went to sleep and slept through the rest of the movie.

After the movie we went back to Uncle Jack's house, and then we went to Uncle Rich and Aunty Kel's house. They all had pizza for dinner and pavlova for dessert, and all I got was dry dog biscuits - I don't think that is fair!!! They have lots of stairs in their house and I learnt to go up and down them without being scared!

We stayed at their house that night. In the morning we packed up and drove home. I was so tired I fell asleep in my toolbox on the backseat (my toolbox is what Dad takes to work with him - it has my toys and some food in it). Mum woke me up when she was taking photos of me in it.


When I climbed out of the box, Mum closed it and moved it so I could sleep on the pillows and be more comfortable - I look it don't I.

As always, there are more photos in my photo album.

No comments: