Thursday, August 31, 2006

So...


It's been a couple of very busy days since I wrote. I wanted to write sooner but we have been out all day and then Mum has been working on her uni assignments when we are at home. I guess I'd better start at the very beginning and tell you what has been happening.


Sunday
On Sunday morning Dad started to feel a bit sick - he said he thought he was coming down with a cold so he rested all day. In the evening he started getting sicker and got really hot. Mum eventually took him to the hospital (she said that a hospital is like the place I went to stay for a few hours when I was sick). I got left at home with Nana and Pop - and, even thought I love them, I cried and cried until Mum came home... but Dad wasn't with her. I heard Mummy saying to Nana that Dad was getting fluid and was in emergency. They had also done some tests - but the results hadn't come back yet.

Monday
I woke Mummy up early and went outside to have a play. When I came inside I ate some breakfast and then tried to find Daddy. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him. I tried to get up to my bed to see if he was there but I couldn't make it and I cried. Mummy said that we were going to go to her school and then go visit him - but I didn't understand why he wasn't with me.

Mummy packed up my toys, blanket, bowl and food into a big bag and put me in my crate. We got in the car and I wanted to be near her so I called her a lot. She pulled over and put me on the floor in the front and tied me up so I couldn't move very far... and so I was safe.

We drove for a long time and eventually Mum pulled into a car park. We met a lady who is Mum's friend and she cuddled me and carried me for Mum (as mum had to carry her bag, my bag and my crate. I went to class with Mum and met all her friends - and they all said I was cute.

After we left we got back into the car and went to the hospital. I was so happy to see Daddy - he looked a lot better.

I had a cuddle and then lay down and went to sleep on the bed.

Daddy started to feel sick again so Mummy put me on the floor with my blanket and my toys. Even though I wanted to play and run around, I lay still and slept.


Daddy got really sick and started throwing up. Mummy got cranky at the people in the hospital and kept telling them what they needed to do to make him feel better. Eventually they did what she said and he stopped being sick.

Mummy and I stayed at the hospital until after it was dark. When Daddy seemed a lot better we went home. I went crazy - running around madly and growling and playing with everything.


Tuesday
Mummy and I went back to the hospital this morning. Daddy slept most of the day – and so did I. Mummy took me to puppy preschool where I learnt how to drop and practiced “wait”. I got to play with ALL the puppies – the big one AND the little ones (like me). Max, who is a Labrador, wanted to play with me – and I wanted to play with him to – until he got his mouth around my entire body! Kara, the vet nurse, rescued me and gave me back to Mum. I sat with her for a while and then I wanted to play again, so I got down – but I stayed clear of the big dogs and played with Bella and Maddie.

When we got home I went to sleep!

Wednesday
Mum and I slept in this morning and went to the hospital late. Dad was feeling a lot better and was able to go home “after lunch”. Daddy was in a ward with three ladies who all loved me. They all cuddled me and I walked around the ward – going from bed to bed. At 5pm we left the hospital. I was so excited that Daddy was coming home with me. When we got home Dad had a bath and went to sleep. I realised one problem with him coming home – when he was in hospital I had half of the queen sized bed to myself – but with him home – I was squished between Mum and Dad.

No comments: