Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sight (acutally) seeing


Some of you might remember reading about the time MTLH and Dad took us to the Three Sisters (Sight (not) seeing) and this was all we could see:


Yesterday, Nana had some friends come over and we went to the Three Sisters while Dad and Carbi slept. Nana met these friends while visiting Villawood as they were locked up. They are now both free and so came to visit. Aunt M also came over.

We drove to Katoomba, picking up Judy (Nana's friend) in Hazelbrook. MTLH was driving and she drove along cliff drive to show the visitors the view over the valley. We got to the Three Sisters and actually got to see them this time.


There was also a big black man there who was trying to talk to me but I didn't want to talk to him. Mum took a video of him playing his didgeridoo. She was silly and forgot that she can't turn her camera sideways, so you will have to turn your head to look at it. She said I have to tell you that the man is Aboriginal - the first people to live in Australia.



After the Three Sisters we went to Scenic World. Aunt M, MTLH and I went on the Scenisender, while everyone else went on the Scenic Railway. The Scenic Railway is the steepest railway in the southern hemisphere, and MTLH didn't want to scare me by going on it.

~This is where the tracks for the scenic railway disappear - the train goes down there!!~

~This is the train for the scenic railway~

~Nana took this photo on the way down on the scenic railway~

The scenisender is the steepest Cable Car in the southern hemisphere but is less scary than the railway.~This is what I went on~

~Here is a photo of me looking int0 the valley - see I wasn't scared at all!~

It was really fun. MTLH took a video of me on it (this time she did it the right way) so you can all see how high we were and what a beautiful view there was.



~When the scenisender got to the bottom of the valley we went for a walk~

After we got back to the top of the valley we went to a Cafe in Katoomba and everyone ate while I lay under the table being quiet. Then we came home.

2 comments:

e said...

That's one of Eve's fave places in NSW! Oneday,I'll get to go there too... Did you have fun?
cheers
Fei & E

Aramis said...

I just told MTLH that you were going to come and visit someday and that I wanted to show you around. She said that we are moving soon and I won't get to meet you unless you come to Tasmania - where ever that is! I'm going to get MTLH to show me on the map...
Licks
Aramis