Friday, January 12, 2007

Wentworth Falls Lake


It's been hot here the last few days. We went to the lake to try and cool down a bit.


We sat in the shade while Dad and Mum had their picnic lunch and Aramis and I had a picnic of peanut butter smackos (our favourite!).


Then Dad and I went for a walk - I heard him say to Mum that it was a training exercise and I wasn't sure what that meant... I found out that it meant that I wasn't able to have fun and I had to walk next to Dad and ignore everything but him.


Anyway, when we came back from the walk Aramis was sitting under the tree all by himself and I couldn't see Mum anywhere. Dad could see her and I could hear her talking to him but I couldn't see her. Then suddenly she just dropped out of the sky!!! I have to admit... I was scared!

After that Mum and Dad said it was time to 'feed the ducks'. I thought maybe ducks was a new name for me and I was getting food. Then they started throwing bread into the water to these strange dogs. I don't know why they were feeding those things... I don't know what they are, only that they are called 'ducks' and that they float on water. I think that they must be another breed of dog... duck dogs. I tried to get the bread but they were throwing it too far out.

I'm going to bed now because I've been at work all night.
Night
Carbi xx

4 comments:

Joe Stains said...

that looks like a fun day! i cant believe they gave those ducks perfectly good bread that they could have given you guys!

Carbi Yarker said...

I know! But at least we got smackos!

Bruce the Bird Dog said...

Birds!!!! How can you stand not eating them!!! You do kinda look like me Aramis, I'm a toy aussie, are you a sheltie?

Aramis said...

Hi Bruce!
Well... I didn't like the water so eating them was out of the question!!
I am a sheltie! I didn't think you were a sheltie... but I've never heard of toy aussie's!
Licks
Aramis xx