Friday, January 26, 2007

One little day can change your life!


So, on Wednesday we came home and then MTLH started packing again. When everything was packed we went to bed and got up VERY early in the morning. This time only MTLH and I went in the car which meant that I got the pick of the seats - well not the drivers seat, but that's only because my feet don't reach the pedals!! We drove for over two hours and arrived at a shopping centre. MTLH and I walked to a cafe and went in and sat down. We talked to a few people and I had to decide whether to send them to live in China with Aunty Lou. Oh, MTLH just read what I had written and said that it's not with Aunty Lou. Aunty Lou lives in Shanghai and we want people to live in Qiqihar, but I think that its ok... China's not that big is it??

Anyway, we had a break at lunch time and MTLH and I were going to go back to Uncle Dan's house and have lunch but MTLH had to talk to a reporter (more about that another time) and one of the people that is going to China rang and then we needed to buy Uncle Dan's christmas/birthday present because we think that Dad packed his christmas present because we can't find it! Finally we went back to the cafe just in time for the next interview.

Finally, we were all done for the day. So we jumped in the car and drove to Uncle Dan's house - via the place with the yellow M that gives you chicken nuggets because I had been so good. When we got there, I had a good sniff around and could smell Uncle Dan, a girl dog (Roxie) and some people. Uncle Dan and Roxie were the only ones there so I assumed that Uncle Dan was the only person that lived there.

Roxie - I don't think I've ever met a cuter dog! I liked her the moment I laid eyes on her. I even let her share my chicken nuggets even though I was the one that had been so good! Roxie is my girlfriend now. This is her photo:


Notice that we have very similar markings on our faces... that shows that it was meant to be. This is a photo of us together:


And a video that shows how much she likes me!!



Unfortunatly, I found out that Uncle Dan's cousins live in the house we were in and I met them when they came home. I do really like Lala, but Cal's a man so I'm not so sure about him... but they could be my new parents-in-law so I'd better get to know them.

This morning I had to go with MTLH to see a lady about a dog. MTLH said that and she thought it was funny-ish - I don't know why. Anyway, we went to a BIG park and MTLH said I was doing some PFD PR work so I had to be really good. I met a lady, a boy and two little girls. One of them was four and she has diabetes like Dad does and they are thinking about getting a dog to help her. Also, there is a Diabetes Fun Day that the lady is organising and they want me to go and do even more PR work.

I wasn't really sure what Public Relations was all about, however, it feels like just a lot of hand shaking! These people today seemed to have the same strange obsession with shaking hands that Nana did when she first came to live here. They seemed to like me and when they were going the boy asked if I could wave, MTLH said 'no, but I'm going to teach him', so maybe PR just involves shaking hands and waving at people.

After the park we went to the shops again and then back to Roxie's house. Roxie and I played all afternoon and then it was time for MTLH and I to leave. On the way home we stopped off quickly at Uncle Dan's Aunty's house and I met another dog - I didn't get properly introduced because we then had to go.

We drove all the way home and I am so tired, but so, so happy! Isn't it amazing to think that yesterday morning I didn't even know Roxie??? I hope we can continue our relationship long distance!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! We can see from the video that Roxie really likes you - just have a look at all the effort she is putting into keeping your attention. She wants you, man! Good job on the PR work - I finally get it now - you two are Hypoglycemic Alert dogs! Way cool! So how do you tell your owner that they are in trouble? You do look a little like lassie - the tell-hoomans-about-trouble dog.

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Joe Stains said...

oooh roxie is SO cute, and she is a good dancer!

Aramis said...

Joe - I forgot to write that in her list of finest qualities - she is able to use her back two legs so well!!

Texas - We are hypo alert dogs. I tell Dad he is having a hypo by jumping up on him (I don't normally do that) or I whine. I also tell MTLH that she is getting a migraine the same way - so I'm a busy dog. Carbi tells dad about his hypos by getting really cranky at him!

Lots of people say "oh it's a little Lassie" when we are out! MTLH doesn't like it because I'm not a Collie and I'm the wrong colour, but she will think of it as in helping-humans from now on.

Licks
Aramis xx

Anonymous said...

Oooh...Aramis has a crush! Hehehe...Roxie is cute I must admit!

And tell MTLH (and the rest of the fam) congrats and g'luck on the move, even though it's a while from now, but yah. Moving is a pain in the patootie! :D

Take care for now Aramis! :D

fI