Monday, November 20, 2006

Lemme outta here!


This morning I woke up and there was a noise outside. It was a noise I had never heard before and also a noise I knew meant something was up!

I jumped out of bed and went to the door. I whined and barked to be let out and when Dad finally dragged himself out of bed Aramis and I ran outside to investigate the noise!

We found that there were men trying to get into the back yard!!! They were breaking down the fence!! We barked and barked to tell them to get away from our fence and to warn Mum and Dad and Nana but they didn't seem to care. In fact, they told us off and made us come inside and then forced us to stay there!

Mum tried to tell me that Nana said they could do it to borrow our cement mixer and that they were going to fix it back up but I didn't believe her!

We went outside agian later and nothing was different... it was like it had all never happened.


There has been a lot of talk in this house lately about fires. We woke up this morning and the air looked foggy but it smelt funny. It has been like that all day and Nana said that she heard on the news that the fire is going to head down the mountains towards our house tomorrow - but it won't get here tomorrow - or at least that's what they said on the news. Mum said that we might not have dog lessons tomorrow as the fire is meant to be in that part of the mountains tomorrow.

I hope it doesn't come anywhere near us (or anyone else!)

Carbi xx

No comments: