Friday, December 29, 2006

Post Op


Firstly I'd like to say thanks to everyone who wished me well with my operation! I'm a bit sore but my mouth actually feels better because there is enough room in there now for all my teeth!

On Wednesday night they wouldn't let me eat or drink after 8pm!!! I was starving! It was so upsetting.



I woke up at around 4am on Thursday morning and I was so sad because I was hungry and thirsty. I cried and cried and cried. I threw myself around the bed trying to get comfy. Mum was getting a bit fed up with me!

At about 8am Thursday morning Mum took me to the doctors I was excited to be there, especially as there was lots of bowls of water around - but Mum wouldn't let me drink any - I think she enjoys torturing me! She helped me get in a cage in a part of the doctors I went when I was really little and really sick (read that story here). Then they closed the door and as Mum walked away I heard her warning the nurses that I would cry (I'm a bit of a cry baby ... especially when I'm hungry and thirsty and tired and away from my dad!). I won't go into what happened next too much, but let me just say that I have recently learnt to howl when I'm sad.

When Mum and Dad came to pick me up again I heard Mum ask the nurse (a different one to the one she was talking to in the morning) if I had cried. The nurse said "YES!!!", a little too enthusiastically if you ask me! Mum and Dad took me home and made a big fuss of me. I didn't hurt too much as my doctor had given me some pain killers!

Today I was feeling better and Mum and Dad had to go shopping so we all went. On the way home it stormed! There was so much rain falling on the windscreen that we had to stop for a while. There were balls of ice falling as well.

Nana was at home and took these photos of our backyard.





Luckily GP, the guinea pig's cage was facing away from the water cause otherwise he would have gotten very wet as lots of dirt was washed into the open part of his cage. When Pop came home he went to have a look at how much dirt had been moved around the backyard and he put his foot into a hole and fell over. He did the same thing on boxing day two years ago and snapped a ligament. This time though he only twisted it. He spent the rest of the evening on the lounge with his foot up. I tried to make him feel better but he didn't like it when I tried to jump on it to make it better.

Goodnight!
Carbi xx

2 comments:

Joe Stains said...

so glad you are feeling better! I can't imagine not having water or food, but it was just to be sure you didn't get sick or weewee during your operation!!!

Aramis said...

That's what MT:H and Dad tried to tell him, but he said he didn't believe them and that they were just trying to torture him.
Aramis