Friday, December 15, 2006

Vets


I'm a bit cranky at MTLH at the moment. She took me to the vets!! AND... I wasn't sick!!


Carbi was so excited to be there - he went to puppy preschool there and thought that he would see lots of puppies but we didn't see any!

When Victoria, Carbi's doctor, called us into the room we all went in. Carbi went on the table first because he has to have an operation and MTLH and Dad wanted the vet to look at his teeth. Four of his baby teeth haven't fallen out and so they will need to be pulled out. He is going to get this done when he gets desexed. He doesn't know what that means, but I do. I didn't tell him what it was because I didn't think he should know soon - so please don't tell him k?

Anyways, then it was my turn. MTLH helped me onto the table and the vet looked at me. MTLH said that I needed a vacination but then the vet had to leave.

We waited and waited and waited... for almost an HOUR!!!

Then the vet came back in and said that there had been an emergency and she was sorry. A puppy was very sick and was having trouble breathing... from a reaction to something.

I then got my vaccinations which stung but I was good because all I could think of was the poor puppy. Then the vet had to run out again and so we waited more. When she got back we got my card signed to show I had had my vaccination and then we left.

All up we where there for an hour and a half!!! Carbi is lucky - because we were waiting so long MTLH forgot to organise Carbi's operation and so he has more time before it happens.

Aramis xx

3 comments:

Joe Stains said...

ouchy, I have to go to the vet for shots next month :( good job on getting out of there and putting off the not to be discussed operation.

Boo Casanova said...

hey carbi & aramis,

i got your card last night. thanks so much!

wet wet licks

Boolrfvpfo

Toby said...

Yikes, I hate shots too! But I guess its better than getting the snip-snip surgery (although I had to have that done before too).

But let me tell you a little secret... Next time you're due for your annual vaccinations, ask the vet for a titre panel. This blood test will check to see if you still have enough protective immunity. If you do, then you won't need to have that shot!!

Tobes