Saturday, December 02, 2006

What happened to the door?


Last week Pop took the screen door from the kitchen and we have only had the wooden door there. Today he came home from being away. He came in with the door. I don't know why he had to take it to the new castle with him. Maybe they needed a new door for the new castle... but why did he bring it home again then?

I looked at it when he had put it back up cause everyone had made a big fuss about it being back. It didn't look exactly the same - it had funny thing in the corner.

Mum, Dad and Nana all tried to show us how the funny thing worked. It was a hole that was covered in a flap and it's made specially for dogs to go through.
We got lots of treats if we walked through the hole - then they stopped holding up the flap! That was a bit scary, but I learnt pretty quick that if I wanted a treat I could push the flap with my paw and then my head and then walk through.



Aramis didn't know how to, although Mum said that his old home had one - without a flap. He would only walk through if the flap was open a little.

It's Mum's birthday tomorrow (today actually cause it's after midnight!) everyone keeps saying she is a quarter of a century and that sounds old to me!

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Barkday to your mum - I hope she gives you both lots of treats to celebrate :-)

Got your card too - loved the song inside, I am sure all our overseas pals will get a laugh out of it too :-)

Love
Opy